Today I turn 29 and in just another 365 days I will be the BIG 3-0! I remember back in the day when I thought people who were in their late 20’s were so old, many of you will get a chuckle out of that I am sure……..so that got me to thinking about all the mistakes I have made and lessons I have learned these past 29 years fitness related and otherwise that I wanted to share with you all…..maybe, just maybe they might help you through some obstacles and tough times, here goes…..
- I don’t believe in luck I believe in opportunity and how well you are prepared for those opportunities when they arise, even people who play the lottery have to go buy a ticket.
- Life is not fair, the sooner you realize it the better.
- Always tell the truth even if it’s not what people want to hear, they will be better off for it in the long run.
- Train as if the whole world is watching you and see if it doesn’t help you kick ass in your next workout session.
- Don’t focus on your problems, focus on the solutions to fixes those problems it will save you precious time.
- Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere –I stopped worrying about 99% of my problems years ago, and I am a much happier person because of it.
- Don’t wait for things to happen, because they NEVER will, you need to get off your ass and go make them happen.
- The best time to start changing your eating and training habits is right NOW.
- Never compare how you look to others you see in magazines, on TV, or in the gym – we are all dealt a different genetic card and our own personal bests and ideals will differ widely.
- I read once “you are the average of the 5 people you associate with the most” I think back on my life and look at my life now and find this to be scary…..and TRUE!
- You can’t help people unless they are willing to help themselves; I have found that you can’t want to reach someone’s goals more than they do.
- There is no MAGIC PILL – hard work and clean eating trumps all, so buckle up for a tough ride and enjoy the journey to a better body and a better life.
- Educating yourself is the best investment you can make.
- Get out of your comfort zone, doing something we are uncomfortable is difficult at 1st and in certain cases it always is. However, the best personal growth I have ever made, physically, socially, emotionally, is stepping way beyond my comfort zone.
- Instead of bitching about what you don’t have, sit back and appreciate all the things you do have odds are it’s much more than you think.
- Under promise and over deliver – never make promises you can’t keep.
- At least once a year get wasted drunk with your best friends!
- Set goals with deadlines on them accountability is a powerful tool if you use it correctly.
- There is more to life than fitness competitions, photos shoots, and working out. Your life is about balance the better you can manage it the happier and more well rounded you will be.
- If you care about people and you love them tell them and tell them often because they won’t be around forever.
- Odds are you won’t regret the things you did do, but more likely the things you didn’t do.
- Never compromise who you are for what you want to be or where you are trying to go, the most valuable character trait you have is your integrity so hold on to it tightly.
- My greatest success so far in life have come after taking huge risks, diving into the unknown with a 50/50 chance at best of failure. It’s in those sink or swim moments you find out what kind of person you really are.
- It’s never too late to start anything; I don’t care if you 19 or 97 you have the rest of your life to pursue your dreams and passions. Almost anything is possible if you want it bad enough and are willing to work your ass off for it.
- Don’t live your life in the rearview, you can’t change what happened last week, last month, or last year get over it and move forward or you will miss what is happening right now.
- Cardio sucks!
- If you are lucky enough to find a beautiful women who can deal with you and all your issues, hold onto her, appreciate her, and tell her you love her daily – love you Heather!
- Treat people exactly how you would want to be treated every single day of your life.
- Enjoy your health; understand it’s the most precious gift you will ever be given!
Thank you all who read and support the things I put out here at Jeremy Scott Fitness. Hopefully a few of these things inspire you or at least make you view things a little differently. Many times we get so caught up in our little world we forget what is really important and what matters most. Enjoy the journey because that’s what it’s all about, the laughs, the cries, the accomplishments, the failures and everything in between along the way.
A little look back circa 1989 being the best Bruce Wayne aka Batman I could be!
Thanks again – Jeremy Scott PROLAB Athlete – Jeremy Scott Fitness