Jeremy Scott Fitness – Quinoa Fruit Salad
Hey guys well love fruit and many of us love salad and if you don’t love quinoa yet you are about to!!!!
This refreshing summer salad is made with quinoa. Quinoa is a gluten-free, protein-packed seed. It’s a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Add a side of lean protein to your salad and you’ve got a highly nutritious, balanced meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt – when I do yogurt I rock Full-Fat
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- optional dash of pHresh Salt http://www.phreshproducts.com/jeremyscottfitness/
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice and the mint. Pour over the cooked quinoa and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the fruit, agave nectar and remaining lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 2 hours, to allow the flavors to emerge, then combine the fruit with the quinoa and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 114 calories, 1 fat, 13mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 2.5g fiber, and 6g protein
Jeremy Scott – Scottsdale Personal Trainer – Jeremy Scott Fitness