Loaded Sweet Potatoes – Gluten Free –
Kelly Groff ISSA – Team Jeremy Scott Fitness
I am always looking for new recipes to spice up my menu at home. One of the things that I miss a lot since I have changed my eating habits is nachos. I try to stay away from dairy and of course the chips. But I love Mexican food and I love it spicy. So when I found a twice baked potato recipe I had to put a little spin on it to satisfy my south of the border kick! Here it is if you are looking for something with a little heat!
Twice baked sweet potatoes
- 1 lb grass fed organic beef
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Preheat the oven to 450
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise and put them face down on a cookie sheet, cook for about 25-30 minutes. You will know when they are done if they are easy to push on. If you pull them out early and the inside doesn’t come out easily with a spoon, you’ll need to cook them a bit longer.
- While your sweet potatoes cook, put out a skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut to the hot pan then add your garlic and onions to start cooking down.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the ground beef and use a large spoon to break it up to help cook it a bit quicker.
- When the beef is half way done cooking, add the spices. Let the beef cook until no longer pink .
- Now pull your sweet potatoes out of the oven and use a large spoon to scoop out the insides. Be careful to not go totally to the skin or it may tear and be pointless to add meat to.
- Put the insides of the sweet potatoes directly into your pan of beef and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Now scoop out the new mixture and put into your sweet potato skins. You can go as high as you want. Think of it as a loaded bake potato. (sometimes I just eat the mixture and throw out the skins.)
- Now put those loaded sweet potatoes back on the cookie sheet, face up, back into the oven and cook for 3-5 more minutes just to meld the flavors together and harden the top a bit
- EAT AND ENJOY!!!!
For more Gluten Free recipes check out our cook book – CLICK
Kelly Groff – ISSA –
Team Jeremy Scott Fitness