32 Years & 32 Life Lessons by Jeremy Scott
Over the last few years I have wrote a blog on my Birthday dropping what I like to call some ” real life knowledge bombs” I think could help you guys live a more meaningful life.
Like every year to say 2015 didn’t go 100% exactly plan would an understatment. But as the saying goes – “We make plans and God laughs.”
I guess that’s what life is about taking your problems head on and kicking the shit out of them and in turn becoming a better version of YOU afterwards!
Every Year On August 13th I always….
Scroll through my life on social media and see all the places I have been, the cool things I have done, and people I have met in the past 364 days and it still amazes me how fucking bad ass my life really is, blessed does not even begin to do it justice I am thankful everyday I can wake up and live this life!
Finally being able to live my life on my terms, being the master of my day, doing what I want, when I want, how I want, all while giving back to others…….that’s success.
I start thinking about all the mistakes I have made and lessons I have learned these past 32 years and it makes me want to share them with you all and maybe, just maybe they might help you through some obstacles, tough times, or just let you see the world through different eyes for a minute….my eyes.
32 Year & 32 Life Lessons
1. I don’t believe in luck I believe in opportunity and how well you are prepared for those opportunities when they arise, even people who play the lottery have to go buy a ticket.
2. Life is not fair, the sooner you realize it the better.
3. Always tell the truth even if it’s not what people want to hear, they will be better off for it in the long run.
4. Train as if the whole world is watching you and see if it doesn’t help you kick ass in your next workout session.
5. Don’t focus on your problems, focus on the solutions to fixes those problems it will save you precious time.
6. Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere –I stopped worrying about 99% of my problems years ago, and I am a much happier person because of it.
7. Don’t wait for things to happen, because they NEVER will, you need to get off your ass and go make them happen.
8. The best time to start changing your eating and training habits is right NOW.
9. Never compare how you look to others you see in magazines, on TV, or in the gym – we are all dealt a different genetic card and our own personal bests and ideals will differ widely.
10. I read once “you are the average of the 5 people you associate with the most” I think back on my life and look at my life now and find this to be scary…..and TRUE!
11. You can’t help people unless they are willing to help themselves; I have found that you can’t want to reach someone’s goals more than they do.
12. There is no MAGIC PILL – hard work and clean eating trumps all, so buckle up for a tough ride and enjoy the journey to a better body and a better life.
13. Educating yourself is the best investment you can make.
14. Get out of your comfort zone, doing something we are uncomfortable is difficult at 1st and in certain cases it always is. However, the best personal growth I have ever made, physically, socially, emotionally, is stepping way beyond my comfort zone.
15. Instead of bitching about what you don’t have, sit back and appreciate all the things you do have odds are it’s much more than you think.
16. Under promise and over deliver – never make promises you can’t keep.
17. At least once a year get wasted drunk with your best friends!
18. Set goals with deadlines on them accountability is a powerful tool if you use it correctly.
19. There is more to life than fitness competitions, photos shoots, and working out. Your life is about balance the better you can manage it the happier and more well rounded you will be.
20. If you care about people and you love them tell them and tell them often because they won’t be around forever.
21. Odds are you won’t regret the things you did do, but more likely the things you didn’t do.
22. Never compromise who you are for what you want to be or where you are trying to go, the most valuable character trait you have is your integrity so hold on to it tightly.
23. My greatest success so far in life have come after taking huge risks, diving into the unknown with a 50/50 chance at best of failure. It’s in those sink or swim moments you find out what kind of person you really are.
24. It’s never too late to start anything; I don’t care if you 19 or 97 you have the rest of your life to pursue your dreams and passions. Almost anything is possible if you want it bad enough and are willing to work your ass off for it.
25. Don’t live your life in the rearview, you can’t change what happened last week, last month, or last year get over it and move forward or you will miss what is happening right now.
26. Cardio sucks!
27. If you are lucky enough to find a beautiful women who can deal with you and all your issues, hold onto her, appreciate her, and tell her you love her daily – love you Heather!
28.Treat people exactly how you would want to be treated every single day of your life.
29. Enjoy your health; understand it’s the most precious gift you will ever be given!
30. See your life for what it is, not worse than it is, but instead see it for exactly what it is. If you can do that which many people can’t I will ask you to take it one step further and see your life better than it is. It’s that “mindsight” that vision that belief in yourself, that internal demand you put on yourself that nobody else can that allows you to create any life you choose to live. Starting building a life, your own life and stop just living one!
31. How you spend your time is more important than the money you have in the bank. Spend your time doing what you love, enjoy and are passionate about each and every day. It’s never too late to start really loving & living your life. Think about it: What’s more important to you how you spend your money or how you spend your time?
32. Have sincere gratitude everyday you wake up. Take at least a few minutes each day to be mindful of your blessing. Understand most of the world would love to have your “luxury” problems – the reality is 2/3 of the world lives on about $2 per day……millions of people would drink your toilet water because its cleaner than their current option….understand you have so much more than so many others – find gratitude -practice gratitude and watch your life change!
Thank you all who read and support the things I put out here at Jeremy Scott Fitness. Hopefully a few of these things inspire you or at least make you view things a little differently.
Many times we get so caught up in our little world we forget what is really important and what matters most. Enjoy the journey because that’s what it’s all about, the laughs, the cries, the accomplishments, the failures and everything in between along the way.
~ Jeremy Scott Fitness ~
Make Success Mandatory Author ~ Scottsdale Fitness Dude ~