Chicken Bacon Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Bake
Looking for a quick, hearty, and healthy meal? We have created another spaghetti squash casserole that will provide you with enough protein and veggies to keep you on track! Real Food Hustle right here!
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 chicken breast shredded (cooked in crock pot previously)
- 5 strips of turkey bacon
- a handful of grape tomatoes chop in halves
- a handful of red onion chopped finely
- salt, pepper, garlic seasoning
- parsley to garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 10 oz of chopped broccoli crowns
- shredded mozzarella cheese to taste
- 4 TBSP of crumbled feta cheese (or cheddar cheese if you prefer)
- pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the guts. For easy cutting warm up for a couple minutes in microwave.
- Coat baking tray with oil and place squash halves face down (roast for 30-40 mins) or until tender to pierce with a fork
- While squash is baking, start steaming broccoli
- Begin cooking turkey bacon on stovetop and then let cool to then cut into bacon bit pieces
- Start chopping red onion, parsley, and tomatoes
- Put shredded chicken in bowl and stir in onion, tomatoes, pesto, and sprinkle salt/pepper/garlic seasoning to taste
- Scrape out squash and place evenly into baking casserole dish that is coated with oil.
- Then layer in the chicken/veggie mix and top with mozzarella cheese (bake for 15mins or until casserole is held together)
- Take out and finish topping with parsley, turkey bacon, and feta cheese (warm up for a few more mins) then serve!
Until next time eat well, train hard & be nice to people!
Jeremy Scott – Scottsdale Personal Trainer
Make Success Mandatory Author