Rosemary Turkey Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 large or 2 small spaghetti squash
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Fresh garlic gloves (to taste)
- Fresh rosemary (use some in mixing and then remaining for topping)
- Grape tomatoes (1/2 container save some for topping)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (mix of oregano, basil, thyme, garlic etc)
- 1 cup of mozzarella shredded (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on face down on baking tray that has been sprayed with olive oil. Bake for 30-45 mins or until the flesh of squash is easily pierced with fork. When cool enough pull the squash noodle strings out using fork into mixing bowl.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat large skillet with olive oil spray and cook ground turkey on stovetop.
- Add all remaining ingredients (DO NOT add cheese wait for topping at end) into a separate mixing bowl and add a touch of olive oil to mix all together with ground turkey.
- Lightly coat a deep baking casserole dish with olive oil spray. Scoop the spaghetti squash into bottom of dish and press evenly. Then add turkey mix on top of spaghetti squash. Bake uncovered for 20 mins or until casserole has formed together (no liquid left) in dish.
- Take out dish and top with tomatoes, rosemary, and cheese.
- Bake for additional 5-10mins until golden-brown on top. Immediately serve!
Until next time eat well, train hard & be nice to people!
Jeremy Scott ~ Scottsdale Personal Trainer
Nutrition Coach ~ Make Success Mandatory